AN ORDINANCE AMENDING TITLE XV: LAND USAGE, CHAPTER 152 ZONING, SECTION 152.021 OF THE CITY CODE TO MODIFY LOT PROVISIONS
for lots of record in the (A) Agriculture District
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MAYER THAT THE FOLLOWING SECTION OF THE MAYER ZONING ORDINANCE, RELATING TO LOT PROVISIONS FOR LOTS OF RECORDS IN THE (A) AGRICULTURAL District IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:
Section 152.021 Lot Provisions.
(A) Lots of record.
(2) A lot of record shall be deemed a buildable lot even though the lot area and/or dimensions are less than those required for the district provided the following conditions are met:
(a) Evidence must be presented that the lot in question met minimum requirements for the division of property under ordinance regulations in effect at the time the property was divided.
(b) It fronts a public street.
(c) The lot is within 70% of the minimum lot area and lot width required.
(d) A nonconforming single lot of record located within an Agricultural Zone, guided for residential development, may be allowed as a building site without variances from lot size requirements, provided that:
(1) A site plan is provided showing how the land could be further subdivided in the future to accommodate further development consistent with the City’s Comprehensive Plan density requirements.
(2) Water and sewer connections are installed within the house to the exterior foundation to allow future connection to municipal utilities.
(3) An agreement/letter of awareness is executed which would require the property owner to connect to municipal utilities within one year of the extension of municipal utilities to the site/area and properly abandon the private well and/or septic system.
(4) The site was previously utilized as a building site for residential use.
(5) The lot is a minimum five (5) acres in size
(6) The lot fronts a public street.
This Ordinance shall become effective following its publication in the official newspaper of the City.
ORDAINED by the City Council of the City of Mayer, Carver County, Minnesota this 11th day of June, 2012.
ATTEST: Lois Maetzold
(Published in the Carver County News June 14, 2012)