• Saturday, Oct. 13: 10 a.m. Book Signing Party for friends and family of Sylvia Bartels, Linda Gratz, Jonlee Anderson, the late Harold Widmer and the late John Kuenzel. The Harbor Dining Room. Call for more information 952-467-3692 ext 6. Refreshments will be served.
• Thursday, Oct. 21: 8:30 – 1:30 p.m. Carver County Senior Expo! “The Season Never Ends” featuring Don Shelby as the keynote speaker. Also including breakfast treats, home-style hot lunch by Hillcrest Catering, exhibits, free health screenings, entertainment by Christian Nielsen, door prizes and much, much more! All for only $12 per person. Register at: Waconia Community Ed., Dist. 110, 516 Industrial Blvd Waconia, MN 55387 or call (952) 442-0615.
• Monday, Oct. 22: 6:30 p.m. Dee Langley, classical accordionist, will be performing in The Harbor Dining Room. Refreshments will be served. Call for more information, (952) 467-3692, ext 6.
• Thursday, Nov. 3: 1-3:30 p.m. Free “Fall Ball” with the Marv Nissel Band. Light lunch served at the NYA Willkommen Pavilion. Senior Dance for all area Seniors Sponsored by The Harbor and Oak Grove Senior Residence. Call with any questions to The Harbor, (952) 467-3692 ext 6.
Ongoing events at Oak Grove Senior Residence:
• Wednesdays, Oct. 3, 10,17 and 24: Sheephead at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome.
• Fridays, Oct. 5 and 19: Bingo at 7 p.m. All are welcome. Quarter/game to play and all winnings are paid out. (Building door is locked; someone will let you in between 6:45 – 7 p.m.)
The Oak Grove Senior Residence is located at 411 Reform Street N (next to the library).
Ongoing events at The Harbor and Peace Villa
• Mondays, Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29: Card Club meets in The Harbor at 12:30 p.m.
• Tuesdays, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30: Bingo at Peace Villa at 10 a.m.
• Wednesdays, Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31: *New* Sheephead group in The Harbor Dining Room at 1 p.m.
• Thursdays, Oct. 4, 11, 18 and 25: Bingo in The Harbor Main Dining Room at 1 p.m.
• Fridays, Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26: The Card Club meets in the Community Room at Peace Villa at 12:30 p.m. All players are welcome. The Club is currently playing 500 and sheep head.
• Saturdays, Oct. 6 and 20: Bingo in The Harbor Main Dining Room at 1 p.m.
*Please note: The phone number in the 2012 Century Link Phone Book is wrong! If you need to call The Harbor or Peace Villa, dial (952) 467-3692 and follow the prompts for the correct extension.
Winter is coming – it’s always a good time to move before the snow plies up! Call Laurie at The Harbor at (952) 467-9683 for more information about assisted living. Or go on-line and learn more at www.peacevillagenya.org. The Harbor is a great place to come home to!