Notice of Public Hearing
Amendment to the 2030 Transportation Policy Plan to:
1. Include light rail as the Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) on the Bottineau Corridor in Hennepin County found in Chapters 1 and 7
2. Include additional corridors for arterial Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) found in Chapter 7
A public meeting and a public hearing will be held on an amendment to the 2030 Transportation Policy Plan regarding: (1) inclusion of light rail on the West Broadway in Brooklyn Park – Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad Corridor – Olson Memorial Highway/Trunk Highway 55 alignment as the Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) for the Bottineau Transitway in Hennepin County found in Chapters 1 and 7, and (2) inclusion of additional corridors for arterial Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) found in Chapter 7.
The meeting is scheduled for:
5 – 7 p.m., Thursday, March 7, 2013
Robbinsdale City Hall,
4100 Lakeview Ave. North, Robbinsdale, MN
The hearing is scheduled for:
5 p.m., Monday, March 11, 2013
Metro Transit, F.T. Heywood Office Building Chambers,
570 6th Ave. North, Minneapolis, MN
All interested persons are encouraged to attend the public meeting or hearing and offer comments. People may register in advance to speak by calling Allen Sommerfeld at 651-602-1338 or 651-291-0904 (TTY). Upon request, the Council will provide reasonable accommodations to person with disabilities.
In addition to the public meeting and public hearing, you may also provide oral or written comments as follows:
• Written comments to: Metropolitan Council Public Information
390 North Robert St., St. Paul, MN 55101-1805
ATTN: 2030 Transportation Policy Plan Amendments
• Fax comments to Public Information at 651-602-1464
• Record comments on the Metropolitan Council’s Public Comment Line at 651-602-1500
• Send TTY comments to: 651-291-0904
• Email comments to: [email protected]
Comments will be accepted until 5 p.m., March 21, 2013.
Copies of the public hearing document containing the proposed amendments to the 2030 Transportation Policy Plan are available on the Council’s website at http://www.metrocouncil.org/planning/transportation/TPP/2010/TPPProposed AmendmentJan2013.htm or by contacting the Council’s Public Information at 651-602-1140 or 651-291-0904 (TTY).
(Published in The Waconia Patriot Jan. 31, 2013)