Lynch exhibits at Waconia Library
The March art exhibit at the Waconia Library features Carver County artist Patrick Lynch.
“As a self-taught watercolor artist I have explored the watercolor painting in my ‘spare time’ over many years,” Lynch said. “However, about a year ago, I started working with acrylic paints for the first time through District 112 Community Education classes. Painting in acrylics has allowed me to paint new subjects and try different techniques while discovering how to use this new medium.
“Acrylics has also allowed me resurrect discarded watercolor paintings by adding acrylics and creating a whole new painting,” he added.
Lynch said his inspiration is mainly derived from nature, its endless beauty and subject matter.
“It’s enjoyable and challenging for me to try and capture those special subjects or moments on paper,” he said. “Painting as a hobby also provides a pleasant escape from the other half of my life working as a tax accountant.
“The future direction of my painting will continue to be trying something new, something different and something unusual because this approach provides an endless amount of ideas to explore,” he continued. “And although retirement from my day job remains a few years away, I don’t have to sit and wonder about what I’ll do during retirement. I’ve got that figured out, I’ll paint every day.”
If you are an artist interested in exhibiting at the Waconia Library, contact Laurel Bradshaw at 442-4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax prep help
Tax time got you panicked? The Carver County Library provides you with tax assistance service that puts your mind at ease.
• The Library’s Tax-Aide Program provides free, face-to-face preparation service.
• The Library’s Tax-Aide Program is available to older taxpayers, those with low to moderate income and those with limited English proficiency.
• The Library has books on taxes including the annual edition of J.K. Lasser’s Your Income Tax, which talks you through your forms.
• The library has many State and Federal forms free for you to take. If you cannot find a form at the library, you may print it out. Ask staff for help.
Staff at the Carver County Library are always happy to assist you to find what you need. Drop in, call or email them.
• Waconia Tax Help dates: Trinity Church and School 601 2nd St. E. Wednesdays, 9 to 11:30 a.m. now through April 10
Do not contact the site. No appointments — first come – first served. E-filing at all locations. Bring with you: Copy of 2011 tax return, all tax forms received in mail, W-2 forms, 1099s, CRP or Property Tax Statement, SSA, etc.
Thanks to the well trained and dedicated volunteers who make this service possible! CCL Volunteer Tax Counselors are trained by the IRS, Minnesota Department of Revenue, and AARP Foundation and must be certified by the IRS to counsel. Taxpayers with unusual and complex tax questions should seek help from the IRS or a paid preparer.
Carver Scott Master Gardeners offer a myriad of great gardening workshops. Workshops at the Waconia Library:
• Monday, March 18, 6:30 p.m. – Making Your Yard Songbird Friendly
• Monday, March 25, 6:30 p.m. – Container Gardening
• Tuesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. – Lawn Care
• Monday April 15, 6:30 p.m. – Rain Gardens
• Monday April 22, 6:30 p.m. – Shade Gardening
Waconia Library Writer’s Workshop meets monthly on the first Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m. The Waconia Library is located at 217 S. Vine St. For more information, contact (952) 442-4714.