Community

Garden Help Desk   The Carver/Scott Extension Master Gardeners are staffing a garden help desk at the Waconia Library on Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the summer. Bring questions and samples.   Music in the Park   THURSDAY, JULY 10 – Waconia Parks & Recreation hosts Music in the Park at [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

It’s summertime and the Waconia Library remains as busy as ever during the month of July! The Waconia Library is located at 217 S. Vine St. For more information, contact (952) 442-4714.   Library Happenings • Service of the Month: Bookclub in a Bag kits. It’s soon time for summer and with that, it’s fun [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Elsie Machtemes 10 Years Ago – July 8, 2004 A new church is taking shape. Faith Lutheran Church is adding on to its current facility. A new sanctuary will seat 500. The new facility will also have a nursery area, large gathering space and administrative offices. JOIN ME! As I celebrate my 60th birthday [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Although donations to the Waconia United Food Shelf traditionally decrease during the summer months, the folks at Mackenthun’s Fine Foods in Waconia did their part to lessen the blow by recently donating the proceeds of the 6th annual Mackenthun’s Golf Charity Event — a total of $12,600 — to the food shelf. The golf event [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Lorrie Ham Mound Laker   After a very successful inaugural event last year, the second installment of the Tonka Mud Run promises to be even bigger and better. This year’s event will be held Saturday, July 12 at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park, 6900 Hazeltine Boulevard in Chanhassen. All proceeds from the event will support [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Boaters who are used to enjoying water skiing, tubing and, well, anything involving speed on Lake Waconia have been frustrated in recent weeks as they continue to obey a slow-no wake restriction on the lake. The restriction, which also applies to Lake Bavaria and Reitz Lake, was passed by the Carver County Board of Commissioners [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow